Still doing this thing! Last year’s answers.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Went to a Catholic funeral, moved in with my girlfriend.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year I resolved to lose weight and move out of the Tenderloin, and I did the latter. Next year I just gotta keep doing that weight thing – probably play DDR at least once a week in addition to going to the gym.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not yet! Anna’s sister is on schedule for late March.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Anna’s grandpa did.
5. What countries did you visit?
The east coast.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
I wanted a living room and I got one! Next year – a cat of my own maybe?
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April Something! Moving in with Anna.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Releasing a major corporate website, becoming a teacher.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting my gums get so bad – but that was over a few years. At least I’m going to the dentist regularly again!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Besides the aforementioned bad gums, not really.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A king-sized memory foam mattress.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Anna and my family’s for being so accomodating.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My former roommate for scamming me out of a month’s worth of rent!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Taxes! But I became a salaried employee early this year, so that shouldn’t become a trend.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
It hasn’t happened just yet.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier!!!
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter!!!
iii. richer or poorer? Richer!!!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Small hangouts with a friend or two. I need to get to know individual people better.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent Christmas at my dad’s, although it was the least festive year yet. The rest of the week’s been spent at Anna’s.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I’m kind of already down in there
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
We went back and watched a whole lot of early Simpsons this year.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I picked up some great comix at APE this year. Even got Ian‘s new mini-thing!
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tune-Yards, the National.
27. What did you want and get?
I got to move in with Anna!
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Bridesmaids was pretty great.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 26 – Woke up at Anna’s parents’ place, had lunch with my mom, and headed back up for some birthday pizza (mac + cheese + bacon, and meatball marinara).
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Spending time hopping around the bay with random people, maybe
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Less t-shirts. Pants that fit.
33. What kept you sane?
My coworkers in the face of corporate silliness.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
I think I kind of saw everyone this year!
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Anna’s got some cool famblies.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Lighten up and don’t let sarcasm consume you.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I can’t think of anything and if I can’t think of it next year I’ll probably remove this question