Time for that yearly meme! I don’t LJ-cut it since I don’t really do these ever! Last year’s answers here.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
Had a paid office job, had a longish-term relationship, legally owned a car, paid for car insurance, met my grandpa, a lot of stuff.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolutions were to get a girlfriend, get a job, and be a lot more social, so yeah. Dunno what to make for next year… maybe get an office job on my own? Or be self-employed?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I think? Maybe someone in my stepmom’s family, I dunno.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A third arm.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
This one night I spent with Stephanie.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Working at Sun.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Dropping out of music history class in the spring, to be literal… maybe failing to meet more new people this school year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
That skin rash problem came back just a bit, I got scabs inside my nose, lots of chapped lips throughout the year… nothing too big.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Some certain stock options, and (hence) my laptop. And stuff for Stephanie.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Jon Stewart on the media, Cindy Sheehan on starting a movement, the ACLU for fighting against the death penalty, donators to the Red Cross, and Stephanie for being teh best.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Bush admin as usual, and of course those FEMA dicks.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I guess visiting and staying with my grandpa. It was a big step in maturity for me. Besides that, I guess heading home for the holidays and such.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Daft Punk’s Discovery album for a number of reasons.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? More emotional.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatta.
iii. richer or poorer? Richter.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I’ve done a lot of socializing, but probably socializing with a bigger group of people. Oh and more being productive.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Buying great loads of small stuff; worrying.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with my family and Stephanie, and had a nice dinner with some family friends afterwards.
21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Lost is about all I’ve watched.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
The Amazingly Giant Book of Really Hard Sudoku Puzzles or Something
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Rediscovered Hatiras by the end of the year, and got into more indie-ish stuff like Jon Brion, Frou Frou, Polyphonic Spree, etc.
27. What did you want and get?
A girlfriend, a laptop, a super-single…
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
King Kong was especially enjoyable.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to a Jelly Belly factory tour, made potato pancakes, ate dinner with some o’ my mom’s friends, watched Groundhog Day which has reaffirmed its status as my favorite movie!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Stability in my social relationships and activities, although instability is what leads to progress. Eh, blah blah waxing psychological.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Much more colorful stuff; more ringer t-shirts from the Internet.
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one really
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Intelligent Design, wiretapping.
36. Who did you miss?
Once again, my relatives on the east coast.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
Teaching people is very rewarding.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
*awesome guitar solo*