First year that I’m doing this meme thing on WordPress! Last year’s answers.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Got hit by a car, broke a bone, got fired, had metal put into my body, hired an attorney!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I guess not! I intended to lose weight and keep my job, but I’m the same weight and I got fired! Next year: same weight goal, and probably try to move out of the Tenderloin. We’ll see.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Don’t think so.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one close to me.
5. What countries did you visit?
England, France, Italy, Germany, The Netherlands.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A living room! That would be cool.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Definitely when I got hit by the car in March.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a new job two weeks after getting fired from Linden Lab. Probably also successfully orchestrating a Europe trip.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Getting hit by a car (my bad), and getting fired (also my bad).
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I still have dry, flaky fingers from last year. I think those are there for the long haul. Besides that… uh… how about the broken arm I had to nurse for the majority of the year? Still healing from the most recent surgery.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought a MacBook Pro, making me a full-fledged Mac-head.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Anna’s. That is why we threw a nice birthday party.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
News media on the left and right. Thanks for all the fear, guys!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, then electronics (I bought two computers and a couple iPhones this year).
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Europe trip – we started planning it in July and spent loads of time just putting the locations and times together. Also, the iPhone 4. I took a half day just to get in line for it. Sigh. :[
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
That awful Bed Intruder song probably
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Same
iii. richer or poorer? Richer!!!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
DDR. I tried to get back into it and failed. Of course, the whole broken arm thing threw a wrench into a lot of physical activity plans
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating at restaurants. I barely used my kitchen at all this year. Maybe when I move in with other people that use their kitchen, that will change.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We did the usual Christmas thing – hanging at Dad’s and opening presents on a green wooden table (close enough) – but my stepbrother Jason wasn’t around this year since he was feeling ill. The day after, I headed up to Anna’s parents’ place, and here I am!
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
All over again!
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Favorite new show was Veronica Mars, but I thought the ending to Lost was pretty strong.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Working for a Nuclear Free City, Javelin.
27. What did you want and get?
A well-paying job.
28. What did you want and not get?
I wanted to regain my range of motion by the end of the year… further surgery hasn’t really fixed that.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Toy Story 3
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 25 – Woke up at Dad’s, he drove me up to Sebastopol, and opened a lot of awesome presents from Anna and family. Spent the rest of the day playing with presents (Rock Band 3, Donkey Kong Country Returns).
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
An unaltered skeletal system.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
I wore a lot more button-downs this year. Baby steps.
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Patrick Stewart, Mila Kunis.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
WikiLeaks (when they released the Collateral Murder files back in the summer)
36. Who did you miss?
My New York family. I think I will plan on heading there next year
37. Who was the best new person you met?
My Lab Zero coworkers are a bunch of cool dudes. They make lunches fun.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Pay attention while making a left turn across a busy intersection on your bike, numpnuts!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Oh man there is this song from a classmate of mine about riding his bike around and crashing and stuff but there are no lyrics