WHAT?! It’s a meme! Last year’s answers here.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Kissed a dude.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yeah my resolution was to get an office job on my own and I did! I think next year’s is to get into grad school!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I sort of forget.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A place of my own.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Saying goodbye to Shiranne. Limoes away!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Working at Autodesk.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmm… having to pay Sun for my overpayment, I guess.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I still have some skin problems, and this weird bruise on my lower back. I should go to a dermatologist soon.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A DS lite.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Bill and Melinda Gates’, Warren Buffett, my cousins’ (graduation)!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Bush and co. as usual, and my aunt’s over the summer…
14. Where did most of your money go?
Sun. Otherwise, gaming.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Traveling on my own. Now I’m not sure if I’m going to do it that much, but I was quite passionate about wanting to “find myself” abroad.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Kelly – Shoes
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? More emotional. (I think this is the fourth year in the row that I’ve said this!)
ii. thinner or fatter? Same.
iii. richer or poorer? Same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Being productive, attentive, meditative.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Letting myself get pushed around near the start of the year.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it in New York, celebrating it over dinner with Hannah’s family. Also left my family back home some presents.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Dunno. Don’t like Lost as much, and that’s about all I watched still.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Making Comics by Scott McCloud
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
OiNK and its resulting things. I got a lot of albums from artists for whom I havd singles.
27. What did you want and get?
A job, a DS lite. I didn’t really want a new car but I got one of those too!
28. What did you want and not get?
A new iPod because I am holding out for 6th gen.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
An Inconvenient Truth
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 21. Met my cousin for pizza and beer. Then met with Hannah and family for the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Then ate a whole bunch of sushi for $10, went to a big ol’ book store. Then went back to the hotel room and watched A Hard Day’s Night.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Keeping old friends, not watching them slip away.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Same ol’. Some new shirts, that’s about it – but now I have new non-sneaker shoes, so that’s probably my new fashion statement for 2007, or something.
33. What kept you sane?
Animating, then eventually video games.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Global warming, midterm elections.
36. Who did you miss?
Shiranne, and my grandpa.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Shiranne, and all my new hallmates.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Listening is sometimes better than responding.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I don’t think I quoted any song lyrics this year and I’m not good at interpreting them. This stays blank!