The past day

…was 48 hours long.
Saturday morning, I got a lot of website design done for the drummer, Dave Getz. I finally made a site that he likes. Once it’s public I’ll show it off here.
I headed into the city by myself at 2, and arrived at the Metreon. I was quite early for the LiveJournal meetup, which started at 4, so I indulged in some Parappa the Rapper 2 at the PlayStation store, where I kicked everyone’s ass on Versus mode. The DDR Extreme machine was turned off. 4 came around, and I met up with Shannon. Shortly afterward came Sean, Erwin, Richie, Stephanie, Claudine, Kathy, Randee, Joe, Kenny, Aaron, John, Paolo, Christal, Katie, and of course, Chris. (Fear the complete list, compiled by Chris and me. Uwahaha.)
Since the DDR machine was down, there was no cute tournament or anything that would have led to free LJ paid memberships, or something of the sort… so instead, we all decided on a movie early – Pirates of the Caribbean was almost unanimous, although it was my 3rd time seeing it – and got ourselves some tickets. We then spent some time browsing the comic book store in the Metreon, where the main event was Paolo putting panties on his head and running around yelling “pantsu!” for a while. I discussed Japanization (sp?) of American comics with some people. Fun times.
We then hung out on the top floor of the Metreon, where Grace stopped by, and I forgot to greet her. Eheh. I went and got some Jack in the Box with Sean and Richie, and then shared some music on my Axim with a few folks. The time for the movie finally came. Having already seen it a few times, it was fun to recite the more memorable lines in the movie when they came along, like every time Jack says “that’s interesting,” or the famous “ghost stories” line, etc. etc. The movie is watchable over and over, and that’s a good thing.
The DDR machine had started working as we exited the movie theater, so we got in a few rounds, where I did a horrible job at Paranoia Survivor (my record is 2 goods, 1 boo, 2 misses – today wasn’t even close). Noah showed up, played a round with Randee, and treated a bunch of us to discounts at the Starbucks downstairs, since he works at Starbucks. I tried the Tazo Citrus drinko, and it was pretty good.
Sooner or later we all left the Metreon, and a few people piled into my car for a trip to the Do-Re-Mi karaoke bar in Japantown. But uh… they had to wait for a while, as I had lost my ticket to the parking garage, so I had to give the parking garage attendants my license and registration, and pay $20… fortunately, it wasn’t much more than it would have cost for the time I was in the garage, anyway.
We stopped off at Denny’s since we had reserved a karaoke room for a bit later, and I had the Meat Lover’s skillet again, which kicks ass. I forgot to use my free Denny’s drink coupon. Yeeeup.
Karaoke was supar fun. I sorta hogged the mic a lot, yet I got the opportunity to butcher a few Linkin Park songs, which are a big hit amongst the LJ crowd, for some reason. I chose Eye of the Tiger and Say Say Say (by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson), and those were mostly solo performances by me… but yeah. Karaoke’s always fun with a partay.
Instead of heading back to Chris’s for after-hours activities, we headed to Erwin’s apartment, which is a really nice 1-bedroom apartment in the city. Not much alcohol was there, and I knew from a start that it was a good thing, and we all realized it soon enough. Parties without depressed drunk people are a good thing. Much Dreamcast fighting gaming was had, and I showed everyone Arfenhouse The Movie 2, although the reception was lukewarm. I talked to Grace about how I’m over-analytical as usual and her plans for moving to Oregon. It’ll definitely be a lifestyle change, and I hope it’s better for her.
Grace told me sleep was for the weak, so she vowed to not let me fall asleep. What ended up happening was that SHE fell asleep and I tried to spend the rest of the night sleeping next to her *light* snoring. Eheheh. No luck. Whatever.
So, a few hours later, I left Erwin’s apartment to find my car that I had parked on some street, and about half an hour later of searching identical San Francisco streets, I found it. And lo and behold, I was given a parking ticket for parking in on a curb where street-cleaning was taking place – the goddamn sign was completely faded away, though! I even tried reading really closely to see what the deal was. Argh. Not fair. But I paid it anyway.
So, today was spent cleaning my room out – sorting things to keep in storage, bring to college, and throw away – and shopping for a few things. It was really, REALLY hot today. It was over 100 degrees down at the Village mall. It felt good every time we stepped into a store there, since they’re all air-conditioned. I got myself some fancy-looking walking shoes, as well as a desk lamp, a new wallet, and a small color printer.
When I got home, I compensated for loss of sleep, and woke up with the bed completely drenched in sweat. Midday naps + blazing temperatures will do that for you.
And now I need to do some more web design, as I said I’d be finished designing all the pages for one of my clients by the end of the week and – what do you know – it’s the end of the week. And geez, I just noticed that I need to make a CAR as well. No rest for the Jeffrey…er…nator.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *